Friday, July 19, 2013
In doing this I have discovered I AM SERIOUSLY OUT OF SHAPE!!!!!! Although weight loss is one of the things I want to achieve I am also looking to increase my flexibility (being able to get on and off the motorcycle more easily would be a huge plus as well as build up my core to help alleviate the back issues I have been noticing more and more often.
I'll be going to the Dr. on Monday and asking him for a recommendation so I can use this as a tax deduction also. I'll be asking him to check my BP which has been out of whack and also to run all the other blood work that hasn't been checked recently so I can get some baselines to compare to also.
feeling adventurous for now....
Friday, November 16, 2012
Friday, September 17, 2010
Wednesday, September 1, 2010
Umm this is a little scary but this blog cracks me up! Makes me look at those old family photo's in a new light :)
Friday, July 30, 2010
the shower! I am happy to report that things went well, laughter and smiles were everywhere and many of gift list items received by the happy couple :)
The decorations we made looked fantastic and I received lots of compliments on my craftiness…always makes you feel good when that happens!
The food was wonderful with a fabulous fruit salad, several sandwich combo’s and a variety of awesome desserts!
Also happy to report that they have signed an offer on a house and are now in the financing, loan approval, inspection phase of things. Dare I say this means I will get getting my house back LOL! Stacks of things everywhere I look that are for her home. It seems her hope boxes have multiplied like rabbits! Provided all goes well she will be moving the end of August. I am thankful she will have a chance to get settled a bit in time for the wedding!
So that has been what is going on here and why I have been MIA for the majority of the past few months. Now on to the final touches for the wedding/reception planning….like flowers and the final choices for decorations and bow making and….
Thursday, July 29, 2010
Welcome to the July 29th edition of Thursday Thunks! Where we make you think a little bit before you blog! We pick a subject, and your job is to interpret it anyway you want. Write about it on your blog... simple as that. Maybe you can interpret it as a picture - we don't care!
Please only leave a link if you have written a Thursday Thunks post.
1. We know how creative Berleen is with her terrific tee-shirts and such, so how about you? Do you draw anything or perhaps your name in the sand when you go to the beach? I don’t get to the beach too often and mostly when I am there I just like to wiggle my toes in the sand and the surf :)
2. Kimber doesn’t always leave her house. I wonder if she knows what is out her back door. What is out your back door? We only have one door out and it goes to a small fenced yard. I don’t leave my house much either LOL!
3. Do you prefer the beach, a pool or a lake? Why? I would prefer to live by the ocean and hear the crashing waves but I live no where near any of those so I guess the silent reservoir will have to do for now.
4. What is something recently that happened to you that you are REALLY excited about? My life is NOT that exciting but I am happy for my dd who just signed paperwork for her first house :)
5. I am fortunate that I come from a very close family. Are any of your great-grandparents still alive? If not did you ever meet them? I don’t recall meeting any of my great grandparents but I had a very close relationship with my grandparents growing up. Only my Gramma’s are left now and both live far away…I miss them!
6. When was the last time you spoke in front of a large group? Tell us about it. NOT something I do.
7. Have you ever bungee jumped? Would you ever bungee jump? No & No
8. How strong emotionally do you think you are? I guess it depends on the situation I can put up a good front but I think I fall apart when no one is around.
9. Kimber and Berleen still have NEVER met, yet they are best friends. What is the first thing you notice about people when you meet them? Their smile and their eyes.
10. Who do you mess with the most? Is this a trick question?
11. Who was the last person you talked to on a landline? What is a landline? No seriously I know but I can’t think of anyone who still has one that I talk to.
12. I finally saw Avatar this week. What was the last movie you watched long after it came out and loved? hmmm we tend to Netflix most things so pretty much ALL of them! We only go to the movies if I have a gift certificate, won the tickets or it is showing at our local cheapie theater.
13. What did you dream about last night? that would mean I slept and so far that hasn’t occurred.