Friday, February 27, 2009

Birthday Cupcakes!


Today is hubby's birthday so I wanted to do something special for him. He likes cupcakes and they are more portable than a hunk of cake for him to take with him for lunch so that is what I did :) No I didn't just get a cake mix either I did them from scratch and even one step further...well a couple further LOL! I made vanilla batter then added colors to some of it to get a tye-dye look! LOL here is them after I just plopped the colored batters into the papers.

Next I swirled them a little - not so much I guess they are more multi-colored than tye-dyed!


popped them in the oven to bake...wait ....wait.....wait....smells so good! wait..... DING!

this is what came out!


are those totally cool looking or what?!?!?!?
I can't wait to see what he says!
One batch is never enough so the second batch i only mixed vanilla and chocolate with. Then I made 2 batches of frosting vanilla and chocolate and covered half of each with each flavor so it was mixed up a bit.

We are going to Red Lobster with our dd and her fiance so I packaged a single one up to take with us and present to him there :)



YUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


1 comment:

Anna Banana said...

They look fantastic! How did they taste?
Did he like them?