Friday, October 17, 2008

Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies


I am not sure why life has to be such a struggle...I often wonder why can't things be easy. I try to remember that everything happens for a reason and that when one door closes another opens but right now two WHAM's in one week is really rocking my world and not in such a good way :( If you read the last post I entered before this one and if you know me you know I like to bake so when I got the first WHAM this week that is precisely what I did! Here is a recipe to share with you all too since not only did that not work out nor was it easy it was a little a this a little of that recipe that turned out quite delightful and we are enjoying it through this week so even in the midst of everything I did manage to find a little pleasure in knowing I can still wing it and things will work out ok. LOL
Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 stick butter, using mixer beat till light and fluffy then add 1 cup cugar mixing well
Add 2 large eggs, again mixing well.
Add 3 bananas (mine were medium sized the ones I had thrown in the freezersince they were turning and I couldn't bare to throw them out [you know the ones], I let them thaw then squeeze them into the bowl) also add 1 tsp vanilla extract, mix again to incorporate all the banana.
Add 1 tsp salt, 4 tsp. baking soda and 2 3/4 to 3 cups of flour to make a somewhat stiff dough. You will need to adjust your flour based on how watery the banana's were and also based on the amount of the goodies you plan to put in it too! I added 1 cup of white Chocolate Chips as that was all I had but I have made similar ones before using add 1 cup of nuts and raisins, adjust this to whatever you like in your cookies though (this is the wing it part!)
Bake on a greases cookie seet at 350 degrees F. unitl lightly browned around the edges. I think it was like 10- 12 minutes or something - I don't really know I do it more by smell LOL!
The aroma was so pleasant the banana was very strong. My DH loves these cookies my DD who normally loves th White Chocolate Chips said she wishes they were regular chocolate so give it a whirl and let me know how it works out for you.


No comments: