Thursday, November 6, 2008

30 Day Challenge of Gratitude


Erin over at Inky Smiles made me aware of a challenge she is taking and I thought the idea a wonderful way to open my eyes to the things I have taken for granted, to open my eyes to be more thankful for things and to open myself to being more happy and content with my life.
I will try to reflect each evening on things and pick one item to single out and be thankful for and then I will try to share here also. Care to join us?
Click here for a wonderful chart to print off or make your own if you want - be sure to share your ideas too - I'd love to follow your journey too!
For the next 30 days take a moment each day to write down something that you are grateful for. Maybe snap a photo or write a journal entry and make a scrapbook layout or keep a photo journal of it to remind you. It can be anything... a sharp pencil for sketching notes, a warm shower or bath, the love of a friend/sibling/parent/spouse or significant other, a smile on a strangers face, a warm bed to sleep in, a burnt loaf of bread (because that means you have the ingredients & knowledge to bake bread), your job, etc....
Whatever you feel grateful or thankful for.
I guarantee that at the end of 30 days you will see an ABUNDANCE of blessings. You may even want to continue writing them down because as you focus on your blessings you will find more than one thing every day to write down.
Feel free to share on your blog, invite others to join us, and post what you are grateful for.
I hope you will join us on the journey!

No comments: