Monday, July 7, 2008

Fun Fun Fun

Saturday I spent the morning and early afternoon with a friend at the stamp store LOL!
We made Christmas cards - not sure I am into the Christmas mood yet but that was what the teacher had on his mind so that is what we did! It also happened to be the owner of the stores birthday so we had some cake. The frosting was super sweet but the inside had some mousse type thing that was pretty good :) YUM-O
We went to lunch at a Mexican restaurant and thanks to my ytrusty coupon book we had a BOGO for that so it was a nice meal for an afordable price - hey lunch usually is though right! I had a chicken burrito with rice and of course chips and salsa. She had a beef chimichanga and rice as well as chips and salsa. We skipped the Margarita's and dessert though LOL!
Pat Catan's was right close so we shot over there for a bit and got a few goodies her for her horse trading and me for hmmm idk what for really LOL! No seriously they had this super bag for $4 from an online coupon it was black with big white polka dots so I picked it up thinking it would be cute for a swap at some point well let's ust say I ended up parting with it to my dd. I also picked up 2 $1 stamps - not sure if I will keep or if they will go for some blog candy on my other blog or what.
Back to the stamp store we went then as there was a Stampscapes demo going on and we wanted to see what that was all about. We both learned a brayering trick - I tried it out yesterday and I did get better results but either I really am brayer challenged or I need a juicier pad or different brayer or something, I just don't get coverage like I see everyone else getting. I will have to email the guy who demo'd to ask him some questions. Anyway back to the class we figured all you need is a bit of white glossy paper, some Kaliedacolor pads and a gazillion dollars worth of stamps to do a really pretty scene LOL! I didn't buy any stampscapes but I do like how they look. Maybe someday I will aquire some and give it a try.
I did run into some old (not age old but known long time old) friends while there also and that -was nice to catch up a bit.
I did use my rebate back from the class to buy the new Basic Gray Euphoria 6x6 pad so I can't wait to give some of those lucious papers a try on some new cards!
ok nuff chitchat today - BYE!!!!!!


No comments: